Saturday, October 10, 2009

Empowering Beliefs - In the light of creation

It's amazing isn't it? About 7 months ago I released a major limiting belief and things have only gone forward from there. Both professionally and personally.

As Denis Waitley stated once: "Our limitations and success will be based, most often, on our expectations for ourselves. What the mind dwells upon, the body acts upon".

Having released that limited decision, it enabled me to create momentum for my dream. A dream that’s coming true every day, well almost everyday, of my life. And the momentum will carry me to where I have the desire to go. Some call it stepping up others calls it doing what need to be done.

But how often don’t we limit ourselves through our programming. Through the events that we engage and the decisions we made upon those events. Decisions about ourselves, other people and the world we live in. And after a while those decisions become thick threads running through our minds. Threads like: “I am not able to do that”, “I can’t do that”, “ I am not worth it”, “I don’t deserve it” and so on. In my case…..

I had made a limited decision ( unconsciously), a long time ago, that I wasn’t able to set up a successful coaching business AND being a good dad and husband. That was my reality. So it showed up in my actions. And guess what I didn’t pull it off. Nor was I really able to be a good dad and husband.

And during that period it was actually not a possibility to have both, a successful business and a being a good dad. Now that I released the decision and turned it into a AND – AND belief I have a very different reality.

With AND – AND, I mean being a good dad and husband AND a have a successful coaching & training business.

I am having much more fun now being a dad and husband. And the funny thing is that within 7 months I created a successful coaching business with enough satisfied customers to pay my bills.

Isn’t that great. By changing your belief, changing your reality. And actually get what you want.

Maya Angelou once said: “A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song”. The most important question you have is the answer is to your destiny, your calling, your song or whatever name you give it. Once you found that song, you can sing it wherever you are.

And then you align your beliefs with your song. By doing that your actions will align with your will and the things you really want will appear in your reality.

It all sounds quit simple. And it is. As long as you know where to look and how to eliminate those limited decisions. And that’s what where Neuro Linguistic Programming and Systemic work comes in. These modalities allows us to create awareness and transform limiting beliefs into empowering ones.

Oh and by the way, having done that doesn’t mean that everything will run smoothly from then. No, along the way new limiting beliefs will come up as well as new significant events that, by the way you deal with it, might have a limiting impact on you. And then the process starts all over again.

But as long as you know your song and deal with what’s keeping you away from singing that song, you’re living your dream. So what’s your song? Wilbert Molenaar

0 comments:

Post a Comment